On behalf of the Departments of Anesthesia of McGill University, Queen’s University, and the University of Ottawa, we are pleased to invite you to the annual Lower & Upper Canada Anesthesia Symposium (LUCAS). This is a joint conference sponsored by three leading Canadian Anesthesia Departments, with the goal of producing a comprehensive, high caliber learning experience for academic anesthesiologists, community anesthesiologists, and related health-care professionals.
The planning for the 2019 conference is underway. The program will be held in Montreal once again Feb 2-3, 2019. We will continue our close collaboration with our colleagues at PACT (Perioperative Anesthesia Clinical Trials group) and the ACUDA Chairs as will be hosting their annual winter meeting at LUCAS.
We look forward to seeing you there! Any questions or suggestions can be sent to LUCAS.email@example.com
The 2018 edition of LUCAS was held on the weekend of February 3-4, 2018, with a pre-conference workshop on February 2nd, at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel in beautiful Montréal, Quebec.
We would like to thank all the participants, faculty and sponsors for making the 2018 conference a resounding success. It was an excellent educational and networking experience for over 300 professionals in the historic downtown Montréal.
Highlights of LUCAS 2018 included:
- Pre-conference hands-on Workshops in Regional Anesthesia & Point-of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Section 3 Credits
- A very engaging pre-conference PACT meeting attended by over 60 leading anesthesiology researchers from across Canada
- Combination of plenary sessions, small group workshops and discussion sessions, touching on a wide range of anesthesia topics including peri-operative medicine, general anesthesia practice and sub-specialty anesthesia
- Keynote J Earl Wynands Lecture, given by world renowned airway expert Dr. Laura Duggan from the University of British Columbia
- Multi-disciplinary discussion panel on peri-operative anticoagulation which shed light on the discrepancies between ASRA & Thrombosis Canada Guidelines
- The supremely popular Resident Grand Rounds Competition
- The Respiratory Therapy / Anesthesia Assistant Update / La Mise à Jour en Anesthésie Des Inhalothérapeutes.Bilingual: A one day workshop
Dr. Paul Wieczorek
Co-Chair from McGill University, Department of Anesthesia
Dr. Glenio Mizubuti
Co-Chair from Queen’s University, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine
Dr. Jason McVicar
Co-Chair from University of Ottawa, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
Twitter: @LowUpCdnAnesSym #LUCAS2019